I have a nagging sense that I may have already published some of these. But since I didn’t remember the definitions when I looked them up, I decided that repetition can be good.
- Bindlestiff – "hobo, one who carries his clothes or bedding in a bundle”
- Timbre – "the quality given to a sound by its overtones”
- Loll – "to hang loosely or laxly, droop”, "to act or move in a lax, lazy, or indolent manner, lounge”
- Umiak – "an open Eskimo boat made of a wooden frame covered with hide”
- Scow – "a large flat-bottomed boat with broad square ends used chiefly for transporting bulk material (as ore, sand, or refuse)”
- Earwig – "any of numerous insects (order Dermaptera) having slender many-jointed antennae and a pair of cerci resembling forceps at the end of the body” (Just the name makes me cringe!)
- Krait – "any of a genus (Bungarus) of brightly banded extremely venomous nocturnal elapid snakes of Pakistan, India, southeastern Asia, and adjacent islands”
- Moppet – child
- Nudnik - "a person who is a bore or nuisance”
- Sapid – flavorful
- Swami – "a Hindu ascetic or religious teache”
- Nave – "the main part of the interior of a church”
All definitions are from Merriam-Webster online.