I’ve still been solving crossword puzzles religiously – at least one a day. I’ve just been lazier about noting the words I didn’t know. And I now know slightly more words Enjoy!
- Chancel – "the part of a church containing the altar and seats for the clergy and choir”
- Flimflam – "deceptive nonsense, deception, fraud”
- Bugbear – "an imaginary goblin or specter used to excite fear”
- Teetotalism – "the principle or practice of complete abstinence from alcoholic drinks”
- Druthers – "free choice”, "preference”
- Wimple – "cloth covering worn over the head and around the neck and chin especially by women in the late medieval period and by some nun”, "a crafty turn” (Scottish)
- Ungulate – "having hooves”
- Farrier – "a person who shoes horses”
- Cruse – "a small vessel (as a jar or pot) for holding a liquid (as water or oil)”
- Palliate – " to reduce the violence of (a disease) ; also: to ease (symptoms) without curing the underlying disease”
All definitions are from Merriam-Webster online.