…me! I have officially confirmed that I will be starting as Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign next year. The job market was a truly unique and surprisingly fun experience, but I am glad it’s over for many reasons:
- I have a great job with great colleagues!
- I get to catch up with my classmates and others I haven’t seen in months.
- I started running regressions again this week, for the first time since December or so.
- Yesterday, I went to the gym for the first time in about a month. It hurt.
- I get to eat my own food in my own home. I never thought I’d say this, but by the end of it all, eating out was no longer exciting.
- I can focus on this whole graduation business now.
Good luck to everyone who’s still in the process of figuring out where they’ll be next year!